Hey Y'all!! We got a new pupppy!!! Her name is Anna - she is a yellow, lab mix - beautiful, I might add.
But before, I tell you that - I should tell you that our dog, Scout, passed away the week before Christmas. She was 10 years old and had kidney failure. We had to put her down. She weighed 110 in October and was down to 85 lbs by that week. She was pitiful. We had a sweet, vet friend come and put her down at the house for us. We bawled like babies. You know, Jantzen and Scout were our 1st children. We're not ashamed of great affection and devotion for them! Sure, it waned a bit once we had 2 legged children (who will remain nameless in this tribute out of respect for Scout). Anyway, Jantzen loved her freedom as an only dog for a few short months. We took her everywhere. Until.....
A man named Reid at our church brought 11 puppies to the children's building one Sunday morning. Nicely played. Low down dirty, if you ask me. Well, Eli waltzed right up to me with Anna in her arms and said, " Mom, can we have her 'cause there's like 100 of them!?" I already knew I had been caving. Scout was my tag-a-long dog. Sat behind me everyday in my office while I worked - laid in the kitchen while I cooked - came to sleep on my side of the bed each night when I slept.... I think I might cry! Seriously - we miss her. Anyway, Anna is certainly my new tag-a-long pup. Jantzen looks at her a little sideways most of the time but has a spurt of energy for her periodically.
Anyways - we love her. Her mom was a chocolate lab (we don't know who the baby-daddy is) and she was the only blond out of the whole crew. The kids love taking care of a new dog. There's a lot of difference between a 6 week old pup and an 11-year old dog. Here are her mug-shots.
On to equally exciting news! I talked to Fluff today!! Who is Fluff you say??? Only one of the most popular golf caddies ever!!!! If you remember my random tidbits, I grew up going to the greens of The Augusta National - home of The Master's. My dad was never into sports much. Golf was all we knew at my house. I'm not even sure I can recall the Super Bowl or the World Series being watched in my home growing up. But we watched golf every, single weekend. We had a big, huge frame of Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, and Gary Player in my family room. I could name any great current player on sight. I once named a stuffed bunny I got for Easter, Fuzzy, because Fuzzy Zoeller had won the tournament that Easter weekend. I loved it. I watched Fluff caddy. I mean, how can you miss him? His big white, fluffy mustache and all. His real, name is Mike Cowan. He used to caddy for Tiger. Now he caddies for Jim Furyk.
So, here's the story, I am at Winn Dixie tonight buying a loaf of bread in the bakery to go with supper. I look over right next to me - less than a foot away! and see a caddy with a Sea Island hat. I immediately see the big mustache and go:
Amy; "Fluff?" (quickly noticing his name plate FLUFF on his hat so as not to make a COMPLETE fool of myself- wait, too late.)
Fluff: "Hey!"
Amy: " Omigosh, I mean...I...it's....I grew up in Augusta watching you at the Master's every year...I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity....I.... yeah"
Fluff: (glancing around for security) "Well, thanks very much"
Amy: "OK, good to see you."
Fluff: "yeah"
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm not even kidding - I wish it was on video tape b/c you totally would laugh your butt off. I was totally star struck for a GOLF CADDY. I'm an idiot.

Well, I only have one more thing to say - Welcome back to the blog world, LARK!! We sure did miss you!
Peace -
a
a
8 comments:
Cute dog. We're down a cat now too. Dang coyotes.
Great story about meeting Fluff. At least you didn't ask him if his favorite sandwich is a Fluff-n-nutter.
Great puppy. You should name it Fluff.
Puppy = cute and awesome! I am so sorry to read about Scout, I know how tough that can be.
The underlining. The puppy pictures. The fawning at the grocer. Priceless Amy blogging. I love it all.
Being human is sooooo boring. I love Eli.
NERD ALERT. Amy seriously?
I love it though...
I can't wait to read the book that eli writes about his reflections on life... #1 bestseller.
He's hilarious. You and Mark have done some great funny things in your lives but that boy is one of the two greatest things ever done.
Amy, She is beautiful. It makes me want another pup real bad...
hey, i 'met' your two boys via skype the other day with Grant! Cuties! Eli told me that he has three dogs. Then he said, 'well, I really do have three dogs...two live with me in my house, and one lives in my heart. Because he died, but he is alive in my heart.'
love the blog!
Post a Comment