Snoring...

Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm back!

Ok - so the short, non-chalant phrase "It makes me miss y'all more than normal" from my last post really translated into "I'm backsliding into severe homesickness and can't quit crying all the time." So, I had to take a break albeit brief from reading too much blogging as I was addicted and I think added to my virtual mental life in Marietta.

I have been talking with a particular friend down here about praying together since Thanksgiving. She is a 'stay-at-home but I really work from home' Mom too so we are on the same wavelength. I finally just called and said "We have got to pray, I'm dying in a pile!!" We met 2 days later and it was awesome. Now we are meeting with one other girl every Thursday morning to walk the beach for 30 minutes and then pray on the beach together. Are you serious that this is my life and I can't get my ish together?

Totally unrelated to anything, she started telling me a story about her marriage and how a friend had reminded her that God can do instant healing. He did it all the time in the Bible - sometimes it's a slow, road but sometimes it is immediately. The paralytic, the blind man, the storm....I actually went through the Gospels this week and underlined that word immediately.

My prayer time with her seemed to jump start a great week of spending time with Jesus, exercising and eating right again, wanting to be with people and invest in new friends. I went to a community-wide 'Beloved' event Friday and Saturday. I feel great. Instead of chalking it up to another little 'high', I want to believe God is immediately healing my emotional and mental state - those severe mood swings - those cyclical mood swings that I can't seem to shake after having babies. I am believing God can heal in an instant. Will you believe that with me??!!

Sorry, this isn't so funny. Just keepin' it real. Love to hear your comments and your blogs. Y'all are the best -- even from 5 hours away.

9 comments:

Camille said...

I will believe it with you Aim. With all my heart.
love you and always praying for your family

AnnieBlogs said...

I'm believing with you, friend. It's cool to have family in SSI- that way we all have somewhere to stay when we come visit....which I know I owe you one. Soon, grasshopper, soon. Love you.

Jenny Fleming said...

I understand leaving all your friends and moving to a far off place... our move to Alabama has been hard too. I actually did a little picture montage/blog about missing my Atlanta friends just yesterday. Looks like we're on the same wavelength :)

carolineb said...

I believe! God is crazy about you. I am, too.

Laura Kirkland said...

My mom told my dad that he could not drag her from Tifton, Ga (and her garden club! :) ) to St Simons with a Mack Truck. We ended up having the absolute best times there as a family. I know that it takes a lot of emotional energy to invest in new friendships. But you just be yourself and everyone will LOVE you..
Seriously, you should call Michelle Brown. She is so real. I think you would like her. Also, just see this as one day at a time.. don't look at it as forever.. you NEVER know what God will do.. or do in your heart in a short amount of time. Sorry for all of my 2 cents worth.. you know I am just trying to make you feel good. I will believe with you just as I know you are doing for me, too!

AmyFritch said...

Laura! Michelle is the friend in my story! We have gotten together several times this year with the kids but we are finally 'breaking' the barrier and going a little deeper. Let's get together with her when you come visit. She'd love to see you. Thanks for your encouragement!

Laura Kirkland said...

Thinking about you lots today! Drop a line..and let me know how you are?!
Also, I am going to be in town May 28-June3... Wanna hang?

Aaron said...

your back and then gone again. kind of like Batman

anna p said...

so how back are you?