For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Col. 1:13,14
I was overwhelmed this weekend. Unexpectedly so. I went to the wedding of one our youth from Macon yesterday. This wasn't just any wedding for just any youth. You see, Anna was the first 'daughter of my heart'. As Mark and I have walked in ministry, we have been blessed to collect many youth who we firmly would include in our family. But Anna was the first.
I expected to cry a bit. I expected to be proud. I expected to be happy for her and her new spouse. But I was complelety overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by the Spirit. Overwhelmed by His Grace and Mercy. Overwhelmed by His Redemption for our lives.
I met Anna 11 years ago. (Can it really be that long?) She was about to begin high school. And she became an integral part of Mark's and my life. Everytime we worshipped or met to read the Bible at MBMUMC, Anna would weep in a heap in my lap. Life had not dealt her the easiest cards. All we could do was pray and encourage and love.
We left Macon 3 years later as Anna entered her Senior year in high school. We've kept in touch periodically over the years. She sent me a letter after her engagement to tell me of God's grace, the Freedom she is now walking in, His purpose in her life.
I am so overwhelmed by Him. For many of us, we have visited the dark night of the soul. It may be for a short period, for many it may be years. Her wedding was a reminder to me that Jesus is about redemption. He redeems our love, our broken hearts, our lost time, our wounded souls. He is our redeemer. I wept. Not like a few tears. Like I couldn't get it together! (Camille and I were a mess!!!!)
As I drove home to SSI (for 4 1/2 hours!), I continued to be overwhelmed by Him through Anna's life. I wept all day!
Anna, daughter of my heart, I am so proud of you. I am amazed by your perseverance in Jesus. I am in awe of the way He has moved in your life. I am so thankful for the season you are beginning and the family that you & David now have. I am blessed to witness His redemption through you. I am overwhelmed. I love you. A
Snoring...
Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beautiful Amy.
I still have a headache by the way. So good to see you and love you.
Cam - had the best time spending a lazy morning with you and your precious family. I was completely exhausted by the time I got home last night! Kiss that Levi lots for me. Thanks for keeping me! love you! a
It's so good to hear you and Camille's thoughts on the youth that were impacted by your ministry in their highschool years. That's the same way I feel about all these kids you're now surrounded by in SSI. What a precious wedding to see! Wish I could have made it.
Post a Comment