Snoring...

Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

India!!

I'm baaacckk. Just kidding - beating a dead horse at this point.

It's official! I'm going to Tammy's in India this November!! I am SUPER excited. I am going with one other girl from SSI my age who has kids. We have been getting to know each other and she is the COOLEST! Once again, another stay-at-home mom who works - such an oxy-moron but so true. We have tons in common - we even knew some of the same people at UGA at the same time. We pretty much determined we must have danced around each other at parties and stuff and simply never met. Isn't life funny? I'll be gone for the week of Thanksgiving but my wonderful, loving, supportive, God-fearing husband says 'Go for it!'. What's a week with lots of turkey anyway, right?

We're gearing up for a big couple of weeks with lots of visitors! Cannot wait! My folks are coming for a few days this week. Then the Bill TAnner's are coming to play starting this weekend. CANNOT wait!! Pray for all of us living in the same house!! Then my best friend from high school is coming with her kiddos for a few days to join one of our roommates from college and her extended family who will be here! SHEW! I'll be blogging again in a couple of weeks.

We had a huge 'water' day yesterday on the Intercoastal waterway with our interns. It was awesome. I've never been behind a boat in the ocean - you expect salt in your mouth when going to the beach - but it shocked me when I jumped in behind the boat!! There was salt in that water! I was expecting lake water. There were probably alligators and sharks too, but I tried not to think about it.

My boys got to tube for the first time (in the Atlantic, mind you!). They loved it. Eli insisted he wasn't scared but that's not what his face said during the ride! The driver's version of 'drive slow for the 4 year old' was very suspect. Asa loved it. Asa took the 20 foot jump from the dock into the water. I was yelling for Jesus the whole time. He was pretty proud b/c it's what the 'big kids' were doing. Eli opted out of that activity.

We've had TONS of response from the job opening at our church. Please be praying. We have 2-3 forerunners that we will be interviewing in person over the next couple of weeks.

I think we will be in Marietta the first weekend in August - look for us at church!

Mark's only got a few more Sunday nights left for The GP summer. Once it got going, it flew by. Mac came and sang this past week and David Nasser spoke. They are both amazing and good friends to come support Mark and The GP. Thanks Mac & David!! The Tanner's will get to come and experience it all this week!

Work is going well - steady and busy. I'm sure you were all wondering. We missed camp terribly. I think it made us very homesick last week. We tried not to think about it but that was impossible. We kept up on the blog. It sounds like it was AMAZING. God's amazing. Y'all are amazing. Can we come home yet? Wait. Did I say that outloud?

I love you guys. You da best.

11 comments:

mandy said...

hey!!!
i hope you don't mind me reading your blog.... it gives me a taste of home! girl, you gonna LOVE india - what an amazing thing! & i'm sooooo excited to hear you've got a girlfriend in SSI. i'm still looking for one up here....
and i SOOOOO wish i was there for Mac's night!
wow.
so cool!
love ya
mandy

ManUtd17 said...

Jen loved her trip to India in 2000 -- even the hard parts! Glad you can make it work. Don't blow into Marietta without swinging by to get a load of Keegan's latest misadventures. I have a good one from last night that I will write about later.

Jenny Fleming said...

do I know the lady you're going to India with? I'm so glad you've found some women to bond with. And that you're spending time with the interns. It means alot to them. I remember being so impressed when we got to spend time with both Jay and Kim.

brad said...

Tell your husband that I have left him two messages and three emails that have gone unreturned. I even picked him for my Dixie Cup team, knowing he is so busy he won't have time to practice. If that isn't true love, I don't know what is. We miss you guys and hope the silence ends soon.

ManUtd17 said...

Catching Mark in June and July is like trying to get fresh-squeezed beer from a fistful of hops. Not gonna happen.

I'm glad I'm not the only one he's slack about getting back to.

Good thing he's funny as h-e-double-hockey-sticks and such a good friend. Or else . . . or else . . . Oh, who am I kidding? He's been this way since college. He ain't changing. And I ain't going anywhere.

This feels a little awkward now . . .

brad said...

Bill, glad to make you feel better.

carolineb said...

So glad you are going to INDIA!!! I wanna come! No fair, we just signed up to sponsor little Poppy and I want to go see her so bad. Give her about 3 million hugs and kisses for me. Crib with us if you want when you come...

AnnieBlogs said...

Come home now. Did I just say that outloud?

matt a said...

Fritchies-

I'm coming down with some Young Harris buddies and we are staying at one of their houses on the island. Maybe we can hang? Maybe we'll be neighbors? Who knows really?

Anyways, I think it is the weekend of Aug 11, so let me know if yall will be around.

AmyFritch said...

Matt!! We should be here. We will be up playing with Mark's parents that week and should be home by then. Call us!!! We definitely want to have y'all over for dinner - buddies and all!

Shelly said...

Amy!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!! And now I am so pitifully sad that I haven't known about it until now!!

You are just darling and I look forward to keeping up with you in blog world...and your adorable little men!

Sing loud for me at the last GP. Wish I could be there!