Ok - now I might be a little obsessed with the whole blog thing. I love being able to 'listen' to friends while miles away.
I've been taking great observation with many of the posts and found that I sorely miss the 'culture of funny' that is so obvious in our midst. I love that life can be light-hearted, that people don't take themselves too seriously, & that when a fun little jab is thrown, we are all secure enough in our relationships to know it is out of love. None of us want to be knocked out - but being pushed around a little is just plain funny. And you all are just plain funny.
When I was making a list of 'traits' for my husband long before I met my Mark, 'Christian', of course was at the top but following a close second was 'Funny'. I'm not even really sure there were others. If there were, they paled in comparison. God was gracious enough to grant me all the extras I got!! Living among a culture of funny is just important.
Be thankful for the humor in your midst. That's my admonition for the day.
Snoring...
Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You told me funny was BEFORE Christian on your list. :) No, j/k. It is SO important. I don't know what I'd do with out humor. It's one thing that I always know will be present when I am around ya'll.
I married you for your smile. Oh wait, we're not married.
Hey friend! It's Camille. So funny that you have joined the blog world. I just can't make myself do it. I laughed as I read this post b/c I kept picturing me and you when we first moved to Marietta constantly reassuring each other . . . "I mean, we are FUNNY!"
Also I want to see your hair-post a pic.
Your boys are growing like weeds. We'd love to make a trip down there soon or get your butt up here. Didn't you used to love this place?
love you!
OK! The same thing happened to me! The reason there is a comment deleted on this page is because I posted earlier and it came up with my name being "what are we doing?" because I had that somewhere in my profile as the header to all those words describing what we are doing every day! I have corrected and will re-post my original comment which was something like...
This blogging really is addictive, quite possibly one of the most fun things ever! I had said we needed to talk Camille into starting one.. and then she posted here! crazy. As for the culture of funny, being married and having kids has put me on the fast track into that culture! But the Fritchmans have always been truly funny.
Can I marry Asa?
Or Eli?
Blog abt rock, paper, scissors... and the one Asa added. :)
Post a Comment