Snoring...

Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Warm Weather & Bike Rides

You've waited long enough. It's time for another blog. It's alot like dating, you know. You don't want to call too many days in a row. They might think you really like them.

It finally warmed up here on the island. We're looking at sunny ol' 65* today! Met some friends at the park after I picked the boys up at school this afternoon. It's the best thing about living here. When it's a good day for the park, people just know and everyone shows up unnannounced at the park. I love spontaneous playdates!

KTB has prodded a story of Asa's version of rock, paper, scissors last week at the dinner table. He and I were playing a simple version (during dinner)- we had already played about 10 rounds - it was a pretty even score, but who was counting. In our house, you say, 'Rock, paper, scissors, shoot' and on 'shoot' you have to throw down your decision. Well, this time on shoot, Asa threw his arms in a wide span and said 'I win!" And I said 'What is that?" He said 'This is Jesus and he beats everything." He's right but who expected such philosophy in a game of chance?

We've been riding our bikes around the neighborhood this week. Asa has had a 20" bike for the past year that was too big for him really. We finally broke down and 'downsized' his bike to 18" for his Christmas present. Well, here we are 3-4 weeks after Christmas and he's now riding his 20" bike and 'given' Eli his new 18" bike. Now for those of you who these numbers mean nothing: The 18' bike comes up to Eli's neck. Now, I am well aware that we all realize how freakish both the boys can be when it comes to co-ordination. But you need to know that Eli can Flintstone- start this bike, ride without training wheels, AND STAND UP ON THE MIDDLE BAR while riding down the street. He casually says to Asa, "Hey! Look what I can do, try this!"

His next feat came when Asa decided in the middle of our bike ride that he needed to ride his 'new' 18" bike again. So, Eli hops on the 20" bike BY HIMSELF and rides down the street. It's as if the bike is being held still by an invisible something while he gets on and then he gets going. It's amazing really. THEN, to dismount this monstrosity he swings his legs over, lays on the seat with his head hanging on one side, legs on the other, hands still on the handlebars, STILL RIDING DOWN THE STREET, and leans in the direction of his feet and gently 'falls' on his feet. He never falls, nor does the bike. I really should get this on video.

Asa, of course, is equally talented in other athletic areas. But bike riding belongs to E.

Hope all is well. Glad I got to blog today. I feel connected. Maybe the longer we date, the less time I'll have to wait to do so.

6 comments:

Camille said...

Ok I laughed out loud at Asa's version of rock, paper, scissors. Seriously Funny. Yes, I now have a blog-see how much influence you have on me?

Katie B said...

The more you post the more tempation to hop in the car and see this amazing talent first hand. Those boys are amazing. But we knew that back when Asa was 2 and he was hitting golfballs from your front yard, across the street, onto your neihbors front porch... Welcome to the blorld Camille! :)

Whitney said...

hey there! i am loving that we are all in on this little obsession. and the boys, my goodness. they are as cute as can be...and so big! tell mark i said hey...love to you all!

carolineb said...

I just don't like pirates either, Eli. Dude, wear your helmet.

AnnieBlogs said...

I'm so nervous right now.... I've never been good at dating... but I think you're really funny and really cute and I hope we get to see each other again soon. :)

Katie B said...

When you gonna blog again hah?