I am an analytical thinker. Logical. Numbers are my thing. Puzzles.
Analogies have always helped me to understand Biblical principles. My best friend from college, Amber and I would always make up analogies in the midst of trying to understand what God was trying to teach us - everything from road maps to chocolate chip cookies. We'd always end our conversational lessons with 'You know, it's like....' and then we'd paint that picture with an analogy.
My favorite has always been the ocean. God is much like the ocean. It's huge - we can never see all sides at the same time. It never stops moving - it's huge- it's life-giving - it's always there - there are so many characteristics to the ocean - the waves, the breakers, the calm, the shallow, the deep, the living creatures above, below, and in the ocean. There are parts of the ocean that are calm and parts that rage. It is surprising and predictable all at the same time. The list could go on and on. I've never tired of pondering how much I see God in the analogy of one His creations.
Today, I took my Bible and sat at the end of the island and watched the ocean and prayed. How good is God that He has called my family to live by the one part of creation that has consistently pricked my spirit to think on Him. To listen. To wonder.
He has literally, physically moved me to a place where He beckons me to come spend time with Him. I am blessed.
Snoring...
Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Quit making me miss you.
You've got to let Mark see the video I put on my blog. Hilarious.
I'll show him. I'm not trying to make you miss me- I'm trying to get you to move down here!
Beautifully said Aim. I feel the same way when I am near the Ocean.
Also speaking of your "puzzle" side. Aaron found Boggle online and I immediately thought about you. I stink at it but I happen to know that you rock at it. It's addictive. Still gonna see you next weekend?
Love the ocean for me, I'm surrounded by dry ground.
Nice to meet you, Mark and the boys this weekend. I can do way more than click a stop watch, trust me.
Maybe a trip to St. Simon's is in my future. Tell Eli I'll bring him a "gorilla bar" if I come.
- B's "new friend"
oh amy, i may not know as much about augusta as you, but i know enough. i know enough...
anyways, i miss you guys a ton. i'll take you up on your invitation. i have never been to st. simmons...
it is good to catch up with you, even if it is by way of blog. tell mark i said hey.
Cam - I LOVE Boggle! I can never find anybody to play with.
Brett - Look forward to an actual conversation without the stopwatch. We'd love to have you down with B.
Matt - Get your tail down here this summer and bring somebody else funny too!!
Post a Comment