Snoring...

Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"

Friday, April 20, 2007

Fridays

Apparently, Fridays seem a good day to blog in the Fritch household. This week was freezing and threatened to rain everyday but only did so once. (That would be the day after Mark spent the day raking leaves and blowing leaves off our roof.) This left us both in a funk b/c I wanted to go to the beach and he was not so happy about exerting futile lawn energy.

1. Eli has a girlfriend! For 3 weeks now, he has told us about his girlfriend but unfortunately he didn't know her name. Today, he finally asked her name! It's Lilly. I asked him if she knew that she was his girlfriend and he said, "Yea, she just guessed it." Seems that thought process starts real young with some of the menfolk. We'll be working on that in our household in the years to come. Then Asa started singing the girlfriend song:

"Eli and Lilly sitting in a tree, K-R-S-T-U & V." Haaaaaaaa! I almost fell out of the car.

2. RiverStone is in their new building. It makes me miss y'all even more than normal. Pretend I'm sitting in the back. I do.

3. Grey's - if we get back on the break-up train with Meredith and McDreamy, I'm gonna McScreamy.

4. Anybody watching Thank God, You're Here? Too, too funny. It's a cross between Saturday Night Live and The Carol Burnett Show. (For those of you old enough to remember the Carol Burnett Show!!!) Mark and I think it's pretty stinkin' funny.

5. Matt's comment made me think about something Asa said this week too. We were getting ready to leave to go see Mark at a small retreat on Jekyll and were packing our bikes and stuff. The boys were ready and I was still doing last minute things around the car. Asa says, "Mom!! We're ready to go. D - everything's in the car and A - we want to leave." Hilarious.


We're glad to see so many takers on the visits this summer! We love company!

We'll stop with 5 tidbits tonight b/c my brain is having trouble thinking clearly. Oh! The tooth is a little looser! More updates later.....

8 comments:

carolineb said...

I love the stories, so glad you share! The boys are a SCREAM!

AnnieBlogs said...

I'm a little miffed with Eli. Doesn't he know I'm waiting for him?

brad said...

THANK YOU for your hospitality last week! I had a great time seeing you guy's life in SSI. I enjoyed our talk Thursday afternoon-it encouraged me (and Nan after I shared it with her) more than you know. Tell Mark I love laughing with him. And I did plenty of it the short time I was with him. We love you guys and pray blessings on you and your ministry!

matt a said...

internet access; $30 a month
a blog account; free
shout out in amy's blog; priceless.

Katie B said...

I miss the boys little shiny faces and all the great things they say on a regular basis. The next best thing to watching them grow up with my eyes is to hear about the hilarious things they say throughout the week... so keep it up! You're the greatest!

ManUtd17 said...

There's always room for you next to us on the back row! You just need to get your keisters up here and check out the swanky padded chairs! Money well spent if you ask me. No one did. I'm just saying.

Katie B said...

Ok Aim, it's Friday...
READY? BLOG!!!

Bekah said...

I miss you! I miss your boys! I love every story about them and how freakin' funny they are. Wow, why did y'all have to leave? Y'all just have to come back in like 20 years so Isaiah can marry one of your boys... I'm already scanning the scene and choosing her a good one. I don't think arranged marrages are bad.