Snoring...
Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey Amy! It's so good to hear all that the Lord is doing in your life. I have to say I am just a tad bit jealous of where you live, but I don't miss those bridges just to get there. I will never forget having to go over those in the storm :( It's funny that you ask this because I was just talking to my friend who is in the same season you are in. Something I had heard that works is getting a timer for your lamp, and setting an alarm with fun upbeat morning music to come on at the same time-before you go in to give them already that head start of getting up. Also to help with not having to have the crazy morning times, setting up in a basket or on a chair everything for the morning....clothes, bookbag, and making a list, or picture list for the younger ones of what is expected like brush teeth, make bed, etc. so that they know exactly what to do and there are no arguments with anything. Also having lunches already made gives you that special time to enjoy the morning instead of having to rush to get it done. I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
I will be praying for you!
I am the wrong person to ask this. I am anal retentive from way back. Ask Mark. I had various alarm clocks that simply rang when it was time to get up, including a Bugs Bunny alarm clock in the first grade. I jumped up when the alarms rang because I didn't want to be late to school. I was/am a nerd.
I always liked the way my mom woke me up every morning of my school career..."If you don't get that hiney of yours out of bed, I'm gonna whoop it to kingdom come!" I did graduate, so it must have worked...with only minor scarring for life...nothing those Fritchie boys couldn't handle!
I didn't start hating getting ready for school until about the 3rd grade. I would sometimes sleep in the clothes I was going to wear to school in order to grab some extra sleep.
Amy, you know my kids. Levi gets up, makes his bed, makes his breakfast and reads the paper. Quinn is in an "early riser" phase where she is getting up before all of us. She comes in our room and walks to my side of the bed and says, "Hey, Daddy." I love it.
I hate getting up and I think it's b/c of the way my mom used to wake me up: she would yell up the stairs for me to get up, then when I didn't she came in, turned on the light and threw the covers off of me. It was awful. Just don't do that you'll be fine!
I always hated that job, still do. Who wants to be the one to shatter the dreams of the people she loves? Literally, seriously? I say let a machine do it.
Post a Comment