Snoring...

Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Post Office

Got a call yesterday from Asa's school. Scared to pick up b/c I immediately imagined one of them had thrown up in the middle of their classroom, I answered. It was the director telling me they needed one more Mom to drive on the 'field trip' to the post office (which is all of 2 miles away from the school) today. So, this morning E & I go pick up some of the preschoolers for the big day at the post office. Asa's teacher has already pre-warned me on the playground yesterday afternoon that this is the worst trip they take. What does that mean?, I think to myself.

While it certainly wasn't the worst trip, the female postmaster (if you will) who paraded us around the bowels of our government's mail industry had a soft voice in a warehouse style building. We could barely hear her and she used words like 'carrier' for mail man...the 'LLV" for mail truck. She had kids tell them their address and she told them what route number they lived on. At one point in her discussion, our buddy Davis raises his hand and says, 'She's cutting!' Our kids had no idea what she was talking about.

It was a great hour.

After school today, I drove the kid's over to Jekyll Island to see Daddy's big party for tonight. I was also helping decorate tables. On the way there, we hear the song 'Take Me Out'. For all of you Guitar Hero novices, this is only one of the best songs on the game. For me anyway. I say Hey boys, listen to this!!. And they both yell Guitar Hero! Asa shouts from the back Crank it up, Mom! Seriously. He said that. Then, ALL 3 of us start playing our air guitars with fierce verocity. We want to win! Now, side note. I really was playing some of the for real notes in my head. I can be a little autistic that way.

When it was over, both boys said, 'I won!' Then they proceed to argue about what percent they played correctly. I got 40%! Well, I got 50%! Again, for all you novices... this is particularly important in the scoring of GH. Then, they want to know which other GH songs are 'in the radio'. They were sorely disappointed with the next selection.

There. That was a little funnier...I just needed some material.

Big plans tonight. The GP fundraiser... pray on, my friends.

7 comments:

carolineb said...

Ok, that was funny as heck. I love it that they shout, "I won!" and give an air stat. I also love that Katie has her GH gear packed up in her nice new monogrammed Vera Bradley bag.

Do so so good tonight!

Katie B said...

It's my guitar hero bag, moma... :)
Good luck tonight!!!

Camille said...

Hilarious! I always knew that between you and Mark your kids would be animated and FUNNY! I also love that you were playing the actual notes in your head. Hope last night went great!

h. said...

i love that you are in the blog-world now!! hilarious about the post office carriers.

Bekah said...

I miss y'all so very much!

Emily-Cathryn said...

i just realized that your background color is quite similair to your kitchen/family room colors. and i am totally okay with that.

AnnieBlogs said...

Don't disappear on us, Amy! We Marietta folk (and Camille) crave your blogginess!