My goal when I moved into my new, although very old, home last year was to give myself one year before feeling fully 'settled'. Well, thanks to the undying perseverance of our very, favorite B, we reached the finish line 2 weeks before the goal!! B helps me to focus on the task at hand. She arrived Thursday night and we didn't stop all weekend!! We painted the guest room, hallway, and office bookshelves. A very tedious task. Then, we organized the poo at of my office - throwing away items that I hope KTB doesn't talk about - saving items that I hope she doesn't talk about either. It's quite a humbling experience to have someone watch you go through things piece by piece and decide if it's keep-worthy.
All in all - my office looks spectacular. If I was better at it. I'd post a pic. We painted them black with red background. We have new baskets instead of shoesboxes to hold things. It would make any clean-your-house show proud. We stored things in the attic where they should be. It makes me just want to take a deep breath. Life is just better when B is on the island. Thanks to the BB, as E would say.
As I traveled back over the causeway this week, I was listening to 'Glorious' by Chris Tomlin. I looked over at the sunshine on the ocean, the bluesky, and the green marsh. My windows were down and it felt great. I was overwhelmed to tears by God's goodness. His grace. His mercy.
Mark and I have finally hit our stride in life. What a fabulous season. His job is great, mine is great, the boys are amazing. We are making friends in a new community and beginning to feel a little bit a part of it all. We clearly feel His call on our lives, His satisfaction at our station & season in life. We are so blessed. It overwhelms me.
Of course, this doesn't mean complacency. But contentment. Paired with the desire to continue to go deeper and allow more of Him.
Thank you, Jesus. Amen!
Snoring...
Asa is totally into Star Wars these days. Last night, he decided he was going to bed as Darth Vader with his Batman cape. All the while, breathing heavily like Vader. Being concerned about Darth Vader choking in his sleep I tell him this is not a good idea. He tried to convince me that Darth Vader sleeps in his cape - I tell him that he's never actually seen Darth Vader sleeping and that I'm certain that he hangs his cape on his bedside table until he puts it back on before breakfast. Asa obliges - all the while breathing heavily like Darth Vader.
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
As he climbs into bed (still breathing deeply), he lays his head on the pillow and says, "I wonder how Darth Vader snores?"
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Don't worry. As an organizational queen, B never reveals the secrets of her subjects. I'm so glad to hear the contentment in your words, our prayers are being answered as we knew they would. No island can withstand loving to distraction the Fabulous Four Fritchies!
I love reading about your life at the beach! So glad to hear you are doing so well! God is so good.
Love, Laura Susan
Very good. The turtles have settled. Beautiful.
Blog situation you mentioned- repaired. I apologize.
It's so good to hear those words coming from you and know God's faithfulness to you. I can't wait to hear more about it in person in a couple of weeks. I am so looking forward to it.
Ok- i just read your comment on Annie's blog about not making her links and I am laughing hard at the fact that it was just another "cut" you didn't make. I don't know why but I always remember that story.
"I didn't make the bridesmaid cut, the giving her the flowers in the ceremony cut . . . " You make me laugh friend!
It is awesome to hear the peace in your post. I will tell Nan to read it--she will be thrilled!
Hi Amy! I hope y'all have a fun time with your folks in Augusta this weekend. Unfortunately we are going to be out of town!
Have a great week!
Love, LSC
I know what you mean about looking at your surroundings and being overwhelmed to tears... that island is a wonderful place!
Post a Comment